The Characteristics of Plantation Shutters
Plantation shutters have been placed on homes for hundreds of years, and Angleton homeowners continue to feature them on their houses today. With the help of an experienced blinds and shutters company, you can develop personalized plantation shutters that will provide privacy and energy efficiency.
What You Should Consider Before Purchasing Plantation Shutters
- Customization – If you value customization, then you’ll be pleased to learn that plantation shutters can be designed to meet your exact specifications regarding size, material, shape, style, and color. However, the customization options are quite limited compared to those of other window treatments, such as shades and draperies.
- Longevity and Durability – If you’re looking for durable window treatments, plantation shutters should be high on your list of considerations. These shutters will be able to resist damage from pets and children. Plantation shutters from a reputable blinds and shutters company will be permanent features on your home as long as proper maintenance is a priority.
- Cost – Because of the high customization associated with plantation shutters, these window treatments tend to be pricey. However, many homeowners consider them to be worthwhile investments because of their durability and longevity.
- Energy Efficiency – Window treatments can contribute to the energy efficiency of your windows, so when you’re selecting plantation shutters, look for an R-value near 4.0 for the highest thermal resistance and the lowest heat transfer between your home and the outside environment. With energy efficient windows, you’ll be able to control the temperature in your home effectively without putting stress on your HVAC unit.
- Maintenance – If you decide to purchase plantation shutters, you should ask your blinds and shutters company about their cleaning and maintenance guidelines. Generally, plantation shutters should be cleaned and louvers should be tightened regularly.
- Flexibility – Unlike other window treatments, plantation shutters are relatively permanent because they’re expensive and difficult to switch out, so choosing an ideal design for your home is important.
- Property Value – Along with their durability and energy efficiency, plantation shutters have the ability to increase your property value significantly. If you’re placing your home on the market any time soon, installing new plantation shutters is one of the best home improvements you can complete before potential buyers take a look at your house.
Reach Out to Our Shutters and Blinds Specialists
Plantation shutters are an excellent window treatment option, so if you have any questions regarding their characteristics or performance, contact the skilled team at In House Design to learn more. If you decide to purchase plantation shutters for your Angleton home, our blinds and shutters company can help you design and install your window treatments.